Skip to content

Applying for a Child

  • A child must have an eligible sponsor's application on file before a dividend payment will be issued. Each child application may have only one sponsor.
  • Child applications can be filed online or by paper.
  • A child application can be electronically signed with the sponsor’s myAlaska account.
  • If you receive an error message during the online application process indicating an application has already been submitted for your child, file a paper application before the March 31st filing deadline.
  • If you do not have child's birth certificate yet: An application can be submitted for a child born on or before December 31st of the qualifying year. If you have not received your child's birth certificate, submit an application for your child before the March 31st filing deadline, and submit the birth certificate when you receive it.
  • Emancipated minors: An 'emancipated minor' is an individual under the age of 18 years who has been legally declared responsible for themselves by the superior court of the State of Alaska. In order to apply as an emancipated minor, you will need to complete a paper Adult Application. A copy of court documents granting 'emancipated minor status' must also be submitted.
  • Married minors: If a minor is married and under the age of 18, a paper Adult Application must be submitted. A copy of the marriage certificate must be submitted with the application.
Scroll to top of page